Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Utah's Hogle Zoo

I know it's been a while since I last posted but give me a break. I just moved my family to Florida! Don't worry, there will be a separate post on that particular adventure... 

The day after graduation we decided it would be a perfect time to take the kids to the zoo one last time before we left. For the last 4 years we've had year passes and the girls have loved it! We would literally go 6-8 times a year. We were hoping that the new Rocky Shores exhibits would be open since we'd been watching the construction for the last year but dag nab it, it wasn't ready yet. Oh well. We still had tons of fun. Derek's mom, Charie, his sister Andrea and her family came down (they drove down two days in a row), my parents, and then my brother and his wife all tagged along. The girls had so much fun with their cousins! I had to admit I loved it, too. Usually my nieces are pretty shy and won't come near me unless they're telling me bye and giving loves but the whole time they wanted to hold Aunt Mary's hand! Totally made my heart melt!
 Here's the girls right before we went in. They were so excited it was hard getting all of them to look at the camera! From left to right is Kenideigh, Ashlyn, Mackynlee, Rebecka, and Keyleigh.
 Becka on the snake slide. Every time we go to the zoo the girls have to go on this AT LEAST 5 times each. We usually have to bribe them away with the merry go round. 
 Mackynlee was braver then her older sister and went down the slide by herself.
 My brother James and his cute wife Becky!
 Miss Keyleigh
 Our brother in law Blake and Kenideigh.
 Derek and his mom Charie. Every time our moms thought or talked about us leaving they got all teary eyed. ;)
 Kenideigh enjoying her juice.
 James and Becky
 You have no idea how much my girls adore Uncle James and Aunt Becky! Sunday dinners were always so much fun when they came up. The girls concocted this crazy game where they were picking the king's (James) raspberries and he would catch them. Becky would then have to come and save them. It was pretty adorable to watch!

 Keyleigh and Mackynlee were so fascinated by the lemurs. I have to admit, they were pretty cool. For some reason we never made it to this monkey house very often over the years but it's pretty neat!
 See, aren't they cute?!
 Ashlyn putting something in her mouth. I'm afraid to know what she picked up from the zoo!
 Derek's sister Andrea, her husband Blake, Kenideigh, and Mackynlee.
By the end of the day this is how we all felt!

No comments:

Post a Comment