Sunday, April 22, 2012

Weber State University Gradution 2012

We did it! Derek and I are officially done with our undergraduate degrees! Let me tell you it feels so good to not have to worry about homework, tests, and going to class. It was a very emotionally charged day and pretty bitter sweet. I know that Derek and I both worked with some wonderful professors that made a huge impact on our lives. We also made some friends that I know we'll keep in touch with. It was kind of hard to say good bye to those that we knew we most likely won't see again. 

Derek's graduation ceremony was first for the day. He got his Bachelor's of Science in Physics. I admit, I got a bit teary eyed when I saw his shake Dr. Carrol's hand and get his diploma. I'm so proud of him and his accomplishments. He has worked so hard and made sacrifices for our family and especially for me so that I could do better in classes.



 The girls with Derek's parents.
 The entire physics department that graduated this year! It was the biggest class they've had in quite some time.
 My graduation was later in the day. We were a bit nervous to see how the girls were going to behave since they had already sat through Derek's but they did surprisingly well. My ceremony was much longer then Derek's because my college has all of the graduating nurses. Let me tell you, that was half of the ceremony! I did see some friends that graduated with different degrees so that was fun, too. I officially have my Bachelor's of Science in Medical Laboratory Sciences! In July I sit for my certification exam so while I'm done with classes I still have some studying to do to pass my boards.


Tomorrow I start my two week lab rotation. I'll be following another lab technician in the hospital lab and pretty much just watch how things work in the real world! I'm so used to test values being totally abnormal and things not looking as they should so it's going to be an interesting experience. The bright side is that I got to buy new scrubs!

2 comments:

  1. Yay for both of you being graduated! Hope your practicum is going well!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so proud of you! (And Derek, too, of course!) :D You guys are awesome!

    ReplyDelete